JOB VACANCY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Haxby Town Council is looking to add to its office team by recruiting an Administrative Officer for 20 hours per week.
- 20 hours per week split over 5 days (Mon - Fri) with a start time of 9.30am Some flexibility will be required around these days with some evening meetings to attend.
- The Administrative Officer will be paid monthly in accordance with Local Government NJC LC1, Scale point 7 (£20,092) subject to review.
- Optional contributory pension scheme provided
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata (plus Bank Holidays)
The role of the Administrative Officer will primarily be:
- To respond to general enquiries from and provide a customer service to members of the public.
- To monitor the Council’s general email address.
- To record details of consultations on planning applications and prepare the agendas for planning meetings. To attend and minute all Planning meetings which are held in the evening and to upload planning recommendations to the York Council website. To also attend other evening meetings as required, sometimes covering for the Town Clerk.
- To oversee and assist the Planning Committee in all their functions.
- To record details of burials and internment of ashes on behalf of the Haxby and Wigginton Cemetery Committee. To attend meetings of the committee which are held during office hours, and work in conjunction with the Clerk to administer the functions of the committee.
- To provide wide ranging administrative support to the council.
- To update and manage the Town Council’s website
- To assist with the organisation and coordination of functions or events and to attend events and functions as required.
- You will be required to undertake local council training.
We will also include other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the Council. The job is varied with no two days being the same.
The successful applicant will have excellent communication and literacy skills as well as an intermediate IT skill set, as they will be interacting with the public, Councillors, and other organisations in both verbal and written formats. The administrative Officer needs to be organised, flexible and able to show initiative when required.
Training will be provided to the post-holder, with opportunities for continuing their professional development in multiple areas.
Application forms can be obtained from the Town Clerk, Louanna Winch, at Haxby Town Council, Council Offices, Memorial Hall, The Village, Haxby YO32 3HT, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospective candidates are welcome to call (Tel: 01904 750378) to discuss the post or seek additional information, prior to submitting an application.
Closing Date for Applications: 12:00pm – Wednesday 15th December 2021
Interview Date: First week in January 2022