MINUTES of the Haxby and Wigginton Cemetery Committee meeting held on Monday 15th November 2021 in The Old School House, Wigginton, at 10.00am.
PRESENT: Cllr D. Rice Cllr S. Finch
Cllr N. Wyatt Cllr P Lakey
Cllr M. Harrison Cllr J Gates
Cllr R Denton
1. Cllr T. Richardson
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Haxby and Wigginton Cemetery Committee meeting held on the 20th of September 2021 were signed by the Chairman as a true and accurate record.
UPDATE ON PEST CONTROL
4. No report from the Clerk, an update will be provided at the next meeting.
WORKS REQUIRED FROM CEMETERY INSPECTIONS
• Trevor Coates will update on the pedestrian gate soon.
• The steel gates require painting and shrubs to be cleared, but this should be done in the spring after the winter weather.
ACTION - Quotes are required for this work.
• The side paths are covered with moss and have bushes overgrowing onto them.
ACTION – Michael Hill to be requested to scrape and treat the paths to inhibit regrowth, included in the winter treatment programme.
• Seat 16 needs to be removed from the cemetery.
ACTION – Cllr Rice and Cllr Denton to complete this.
• The soil pile from graves has increased.
ACTION – request to Trevor Coates to remove this ASAP.
• A headstones near the old hut is still laid flat and another is at a bad angle.
Plot 9 grave 13 Annie Nursaw and Plot 9 grave 17 Judith Ward both require attention.
ACTION – Peter Plews to be tasked with correcting these headstones.
RESOLVED – to approve the actions listed.
The Garden of Remembrance has now been fenced with mesh at the base to prevent rabbits in this area, and next of kin have been asked to remove wire around the shrubs placed in the garden.
UPDATE ON KISSING GATE ON MOOR LANE ENTRANCE.
6. Trevor Coates to asked for an update (see minutes of last meeting).
REQUEST FROM NON-PARISHIONER LIVING IN LEEMAN ROAD
7. RESOLVED – The request was agreed with double fees for the plot and interment at this time, due to her current residential status.
REQUEST FROM A RESIDENT TO PURCHASE CREMATE REMAINS PLOT AND INTER ASHES OF HER SISTER, WHO WAS A NON-RESIDENT
8. RESOLVED - The request was agreed
REQUEST FROM NON-RESIDENT TO INTER ASHES OF HIS LATE FATHER OF CRAYKE AND LATE MOTHER FROM WIGGINTON IN A FULL BURIAL PLOT
9. RESOLVED – The request was agreed after a poll was conducted.
10. Deferred to the next meeting.
FINANCIAL STATEMENTS AS OF 30TH SEPTEMBER – 31ST OCTOBER 2021
11. Deferred to the next meeting
INTERMENTS AND MEMORIALS
12. Deferred to the next meeting
MATTERS FOR INCLUSION ON THE NEXT AGENDA
DATE OF NEXT MEETING
2. It was agreed that the next meeting of the Cemetery Committee will take place on Wednesday the 12th of January 2022 in The Council Offices, Memorial Hall, Haxby at 10.00am.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 10.35am.
(These Minutes are displayed ‘unsigned’ and are subject to correction at the next Committee.)